Delivering a child into the world is literally a labor of love and should be a time of happiness and joy. You put your trust in the hands of your obstetrics team to provide the very best care. The last thing any parent wants to think about is, "What if something goes wrong?" Unfortunately, birth injuries can be the result of medical mistakes, caused by inexperience or inattention and resulting in harm to the little new family member.
No one on your obstetrics team wants to see your new born harmed. Sadly, the injury may have occurred under their care and you are left with life-changing circumstances. Birth injuries can occur from doctor prescribed Prenatal Care, or during labor or delivery. Some of the most common types of birth injuries include:
• Brachial Plexus Injury
• Cephalohematoma (from the improper use of forceps or other tools)
• Cerebral Ischemia (Reduced Blood Flow to the brain)
• Cerebral Palsy
• Erb’s Palsy or Klumpke’s Palsy
• Intellectual Disability (Medical retardation)
• Overdosage Administration of Folic Acid
• Oxygen Deprivation
• Pulmonary Hypertension
• Shoulder Dystocia
• Spina Bifida (Wrongful Birth)
• Wrongful Death
Contact Thad L Myers, PA and Associates at (803) 252-0005 for a free case evaluation.